God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Friday, March 7, 2014

Is it Spring?

Hello there.  It has been so long since I have been able to sit down here and write on this so called blog of mine.  I just don't set aside time to make this blog what I "envision" it to be.  What is getting in my way?  Well, I hope that I can find time this month to dig in and really work at what I can add to my blog.   I want to stretch my photos like never before.  I also want to share all the wonderful things God has shown me in His Word! 

As for today, I just thought I would share a little on our nasty weather. It has been ugly and scary.  Wet and wild. And I know when that sun does shine we will all appreciate it even more! 
Our chickens have been oh so confused as to what is happening in their little neck of the woods.  With the weather going this way and that, the chickens have hardly been able to step outside.  We've had freezing temps (with wind chills below zero) with massive winds, and then warm temps with extreme heavy rains!  Just yesterday, as I was sleeping, I could hear our neighbor plowing the yards and roads with his big CAT plow.  In my deep slumber all I could feel was "what in the world is our neighbor doing?", "Please STOP!". Heaven forbid I lose any sleep!  Then when I did wake up to take a look at our back yard, I realized and thanked my neighbor!  He saved us from a possible house flooding!  The backyard water level was up to the deck and when my oldest went to see how the chickens were doing she couldn't cross the "lake" because it was up to her knees!  Our awesome neighbor had plowed sections to release the waters to the front ditches to keep the neighbors from flooding!   It worked and the water levels were dropping. Fewwwwww!  

Today, the water in the backyard is still nasty, wet and down right ugly.  However, I am so thankful at all the hard work our neighbor did to help us not have flooding issues.  He still has the sub-pump running to keep the waters flowing to the front of the houses instead of sitting in the backyards.   I can't wait for some sunny weather and snow free yards!  It will be nice to have green grass and gardens again!  But this is Idaho and you never know what sort of weather you will have to endure!

Here are a few photos I took this afternoon to show what it all feels and looks like:
Our Bison boy finding his way through our backyard river!
I do believe this is Hiccup.  She is our friendliest chicken.
Heeee!
Doing the chicken dance! 
Yum!
The ladies were so excited to have a few fresh greens and scratch!  They haven't seen fresh grass in so long, so this was a special treat!

Love our chicken ladies!
Love Bogs!  These boots have helped us get through a lot in this backyard!  You can go anywhere in these boots. 
I hope all of you out there experiencing wild weather are doing well.  I pray that we are all turning to our Lord and seeing all the beauty He has provided for us in this month of March.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Roman 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...